Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My 1st 3D Landscape Using Vue 8 (I Call It Fall Mountain)

    I had heard a while back that the big software for creating vast environments in the movies and even some video games lately has been from a software know as Vue.

    Now, I have tried to sit down an learn this software before about a year ago but just didn't have the time and energy.  I am really big with keeping up with the latest and greatest and since I am out of work at the moment I have been keeping busy learning lot's of new things to add to my tool set! 
    
    So, with me being an "Environment Artist" and all I thought it would be cool to give it a go!  This software is pretty bad a**! After taking some time to study the "how to" videos I was up and running.  The biggest trick about this software so far is customization of pieces.  Oh, and the thing that takes the longest of course is getting the rendering to look right!  Colors,lighting, atmosphere, sizing these have to be constantly tweaked in order to achieve your desired result and with each change means more rendering...  It's a constant battle! ;)  But, with a little more practice I am sure I will get my work flow running nice and smooth!

    Here is my 1st attempt with Vue.  I just wanted to get the basics down and get a scene completed.  This is far from being photo-realistic but I can see achieving photo-realism with a bit more studying! ;)

Here's to the start of a beautiful relationship! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment